Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Punked

I am wearing my PUNK T-shirt today. That stands for, "Professional Uncle, No Kids". (I have another one that says GRUNCLE, as in, I'm a Grand-Uncle now, too.)

Yep. Lots of nieces and nephews running around on Planet Earth. Just not as many as there used to be.

How they have enjoyed the Uncle Paul Stories over the years... This story excepted, the Book of Charlie, which is a story about the tunnel at the end of the light.

What have they learned here? They are all witnesses, these little pitchers with big ears, these adorable crumb-snatchers that my siblings have so bravely brought into this strange world. What did they see?

They saw us endure a cascade of horror shows perpetrated by our unfeeling public servants, among others.

They watched us play by the rules, follow the proscribed protocols, and get blown out like prayer candles at every turn.

They witnessed us get knocked down, and get back up, clear our nostrils and get back to it. That's what parents do. That's what aunts and uncles do. Win or lose, the good example has already been set, as it would have to be in juxtaposition to the bad examples and sorry excuses that I have chronicled here.

Charlie would give me major PUNK points for that. No matter what it may say on the last page.

pH 2.o8.2o

***